TL;DR: The Interview Settings tab within GoodTime provides you with a range of 'company level' setting options that you can adjust to tailor your interview scheduling processes. As 'company level' settings, when adjusted, these setting will impact the whole of your organizations scheduling processes. While Interview Settings will indicate the foundational preferences GoodTime will use when managing your scheduling, these settings can be overridden at the interview template level to support unique scheduling processes. Only Super Admin users will have access to Interview Settings.
This video provides an overview of Interview Settings. Linked articles will go into further detail of individual Interview Settings, what each setting does, and recommendations for their use:
Basic Interview Settings
This section outlines how and when the interview will be created.
- This toggle will allow you to build a stop gap for your schedulers to review and confirm the candidate’s availability before finalizing the interview if turned ON.
Allow Candidate to Suggest Times:
- This toggle will allow candidates to suggest times or to provide additional availability if their schedule doesn’t match your team’s availability.
Add [Hold] to title of events on hold
- If you need to place calendar “holds” with interviewers until they accept or decline, this helps to identify the event is on [Hold] in their calendar events. Once the interview is confirmed, the [Hold] will disappear from the event.
Automatically Replace Declined Interviewers
- One of our latest features! This one is best utilized if you have at least 2 alternate interviewers or a tagged group listed in your interview panels, which then allows GoodTime to automatically replace an interviewer if they decline an interview calendar invite. Find more details about the feature here.
Add Candidate’s Resume to Calendar Event
- We can add a “Download Resume” link within the interviewer’s calendar invite so they can easily access the candidate’s calendar.
- NOTE: For global teams, if GDPR is a concern, we recommend turning this OFF.
- This setting, when toggled on, will display the Job Id (pulled from your ATS) beside the respective job title. This setting will also enable you to search by job Id.
Default Calendar Event Duration
- To set a default of interview duration of each event
Share Itinerary with Candidate
- To include an automated interview itinerary in the candidate-facing calendar event.
Below are recommended settings for this section
Keyword Settings will tell GoodTime how to read public calendars. If your organization utilizes private calendars, please skip to the next section.
Transparent: These keywords will help us determine to read the calendar event as white space on an interviewer’s calendar. (Ex. yoga, happy hour)
Soft Conflict: These keywords will help us to give visual cues in the scheduling process but will not offer times using these keywords for candidates to choose from. (Ex. block, dns) When you’re confirming the interview these keywords will show up as yellow conflicts.
GoodTime can send interview reminders to both Candidates and Interviewers. Your team can choose who reminders are sent from, the frequency and the timeframe. GoodTime interview reminders will send in addition to any reminders automated from your ATS.
When it comes to rescheduling, GoodTime can help automate how the candidate reschedules and allow the candidates to select new availability all in one process.
Allow Candidates to Reschedule Interviews
- If you would like to allow candidates to reschedule via GoodTime, we recommend turning this ON.
- If you turn this OFF, your candidate will have to reach out to the scheduler to reschedule their interview.
Maximum Number of Reschedules
- You can manage how many times you allow a candidate to reschedule by themselves before GoodTime requires the candidate to reach out directly to the scheduler.
Reschedule Cutoff Window
- Time prior to the start time of a confirmed interview in which the candidate can reschedule by themselves. After this timeframe, GoodTime requires the candidate to reach out directly to the scheduler.