TL;DR: When it comes to rescheduling an interview in GoodTime, there are two parties that can trigger a reschedule; the candidate or the coordinator. This article provides an overview of the way in which a candidate can initiate a reschedule of their previously confirmed interview.
NOTE: It is key to note that if the 'Require Review Before Scheduling' interview settings it toggled on, then a candidate will be able to automatically reschedule their own confirmed event (within the limits of the Candidate reschedule Settings).
If the 'Require Review Before Scheduling' interview settings it toggled off, then a candidate will only be able to provide updated availability. When this occurs, their interview status within the dashboard will return to 'Pending Review' and a coordinator will need reschedule the interview via the Schedule Now workflow.
Candidate initiated reschedule:
If a candidate would like to reschedule their interview, they will follow the steps outlined below:
- The candidate will navigate to the event confirmation link at the bottom of their calendar invite (an example of a candidate calendar event is shown below):
- After clicking the link, the candidate will be brought to their event confirmation page in which they can submit new availability:
- The candidate may be prompted to select a reason for the reschedule (if required in your company settings) and will then proceed through the process of submitting new availability.
- Once new availability is submitted;
4a. If 'Require Review Before Scheduling' is turned off in your company settings, the candidate will immediately be directed to a page confirming the new date and time for their interview.
4b. If 'Require Review Before Scheduling' is turned on in your company settings the candidate will be directed to a page notifying them that the interview will be confirmed soon and their new availability will appear in your GoodTime dashboard and their event status will change to 'Pending Review'.
Candidate Reschedule Settings:
There are a few key settings within GoodTime that will impact a candidate's experience when it comes to rescheduling. These settings, which live at the bottom of the Interview Settings page, are as follows:
1. 'Allow Candidate to Reschedule Interviews' → This setting enables the candidate to go through the process of rescheduling their interview themselves (as described above) instead of having to notify the coordinator via email.
2. 'Maximum Number of Reschedules' → This setting enables you to set a cap for how many times the candidate can reschedule a given interview through the event confirmation link.
If a candidate meets the cap, they will be redirected to a page asking them to reach out to a coordinator to reschedule their interview.
3. 'Reschedule Cutoff Window' → This setting enables you to limit the number of hours prior to the start time of confirmed interview that a candidate may reschedule the interview by themselves.
If they attempt to reschedule within the reschedule cutoff window they will be directed to the speak to a coordinator to reschedule their interview.
4. 'Allowed Reasons for a Candidate to Reschedule an Interview' → If you wish, you can request that candidates provide you one of 4 predefined reasons for their reschedule. This in intended to provide the scheduling team some context regarding why the candidate rescheduled this interview so you might adjust your follow-up as necessary.