TL;DR: This guide is a step-by-step process on how to integrate CoderPad with GoodTime. This guide requires the IT administrator to have or create a company account to get the organization-wide API key, which gives GoodTime’s system the ability to generate CoderPad links.
It is a prerequisite of this integration process that the user who performs the steps below should be a Super Admin on GoodTime.
READ BEFORE PROCEEDING: Please note, you should either CREATE a new account on Coderpad (that is not associated with an individual user) or a Coderpad admin whose account will never be closed or removed should follow the instructions below. If the Coderpad account that is used to generate the API key is closed, the integration will stop working.
CoderPad API Key for GoodTime
1. Go to: https://coderpad.io/pads in your web browser (If you are not already logged in, log into CoderPad)
2. Click “Settings”
3. Copy the API key
4. Go to https://a.goodtime.io/dashboard/settings/company and scroll down to COLLABORATIVE CODING SERVICE INTEGRATION
5. Select “CoderPad” as the Collaborative Coding Service type
6. Paste copied API key into the “API Key” field
7. Press “Save” on the top right hand side of the page and you are done. Congrats!