TL;DR: This is a guide on how to integrate the Google Meet Video Conferencing Service with GoodTime. If your Initial Google integration has not yet been completed, please have your initial GoodTime Super Admin complete this step.
Turning on your Google Meet VCS integration:
- In order to integrate Google Meet, your initial GoodTime Super Admin must have logged-in to the GoodTime platform and have authorized GoodTime to access your Google directory.
- Once integrated one of your GoodTime Super Admins will need to go to Settings > Company > Video Conferencing > Google Meet > and click the purple 'Connect' button.
- Once you’re connected, the button will switch to a red 'Disconnect' button. Then you need to click the 'Save' button in the upper right corner to save settings.
- NOTE: You have the option to indicate if you want Google Meet links to generate ONLY when a $Interview.Google.MeetLink is present or at all times.
4a. If you use BOTH Google Meet and another Video Conferencing Service you will want this toggle turned on.
4b. If you are a Google only company and Google Meet is the ONLY Video Conferencing Service you use, you may wish to keep this option off and allow your Google Meet integration to create a Google Meet link for every interview GoodTime generates.
Using Google Meet variables within Templates (Option 4a.):
- Once the integration steps above have been successfully completed, it’s very easy to start using the Google Meet link variables in your Interview Templates.
- To add the link, simply type $Interview.GoogleMeetLink where you want to place a link. This is only necessary for the Interviewer Calendar Event Description. The variable is NOT needed for the Candidate calendar.
- The Goole Meet variable will will also be replicated in the top of the calendar event within the 'Join with Google Meet' button (see image below).
- The candidate will receive an embedded 'Join with Google Meet' link within the top of their invite.