So you are planning on migrating from one ATS (Applicant Tracking System) to another?
We have seen this many times before as it is common for a company to 'outgrow' their ATS.
Provided you are migrating to a GoodTime supported ATS we are able to grow along with you!
As GoodTime can only integrate with a single ATS at a time, there are some key points to be aware of as you plan for your ATS migration. This article provides an overview of key points to note and processes to undertake in order to minimize the disruption to your scheduling as you migrate ATS.
- GoodTime does charge a Professional Service Fee for ATS migrations as they do require specialist Customer Success as well as dedicated engineering support. This service is charged by the hour and varies in cost depending upon the complexity of the ATS you are moving from and to.
- GoodTime can only integrate with one ATS at a time.
- Migrating between ATS does require some backend GoodTime engineering work to correctly disable the integration with your original ATS; please allow a minimum of 2 weeks notice for this to occur.
- To minimize disruption to your scheduling processes you will want to plan ahead to ensure only candidates in the 'CONFIRMED' status remain in your dashboard when your original ATS integration is disabled.
When thinking about and planning for an ATS migration it is useful to break down the process into 4 distinct phases:
Phase 1 = Planning
Time Frame = As early as possible 😉
Responsible = User (advice provided by GoodTime CSM)
- Please reach out to your GoodTime CSM or Community CSM as soon as you are considering migrating from one ATS to another. We are happy to meet and elaborate upon all the information outlined in this article or provide additional context regarding integrations with your planned/new ATS.
- GoodTime integrates with those ATS listed here: GoodTime Integrations
- The following spreadsheet provides a general overview of the actions you will need to undertake as part of an ATS migration (please feel free to save a copy and edit as needed): [MAKE A COPY] Generic ATS Migration Plan
Time Frame = (Ideally) 2 weeks prior to 'Stop Scheduling' date
Responsible = User
- Stop Scheduling in GoodTime Date: Given that GoodTime can only integrate with a single ATS at a time it is important to identify a 'Stop Scheduling' date to work towards. This date will represent the point at which no new candidates are being pushed from your current ATS into GoodTime and ONLY candidates in the 'CONFIRMED' status remain in your GoodTime dashboard. We cannot bring across and candidate interviews that are still in the process of being scheduled. Any candidate interviews outside of the 'CONFIRMED' status will 'break' once the integration to your current ATS is disabled.
- 'CONFIRMED' Status only: It is feasible to have candidates in the 'CONFIRMED' status in your GoodTime dashboard when we disable the integration with your original ATS as these interviews are fully booked into a calendar and no longer need to reference data within your ATS. When an interview is in the CONFIRMED status all details have been pushed back to your ATS and these events will run their course even without the ATS connection in place. The team can still edit/update/reschedule these events via GoodTime if necessary but nothing will push back to your original ATS. Also NOTE: your Scheduling team WILL need to manually provide your interviewers a link to scorecards/feedback forms (this is because the previously generated scorecard links cannot access your original ATS once the integration to it is disabled).
- Clear All Other Status: All status other than 'CONFIRMED' will need to be removed from the dashboard. You can either 'push' candidates forward to the confirmed status before the 'Stop Scheduling' date, or proactively start to manually schedule these candidates directly within your new ATS.
- The 'Generic ATS Migration plan' doc linked above offers a template you can use should you wish to manually track candidates through this phase as you clear your GoodTime Dashboard of all but 'CONFIRMED' status candidates.
Time Frame = 30 mins - 2 hours (User to identify this date and time and share with GoodTime)
Responsible = Goodtime Engineering
- What GoodTime does on the Stop Scheduling date: On the stop schedule date (typically at a time after business hours) a GoodTime engineer will disable the integration to your original ATS and prepare your account so you can reintegrate with your new ATS.
- Preparing your GoodTime account to reintegrate with a new ATS involves running a script to ensure there are no unintentional references to your original ATS within your GoodTime instance. We are effectively 'factory resetting' the ATS integration piece of your GoodTime account so that you can then integrate it with your new ATS.
- NOTE: The GoodTime engineer will take between 30 minutes to 2 hours to disable the integration with your original ATS and prepare your GoodTime account to integrate with your new ATS. During this time no scheduling will be able to take place.
Time Frame = 1 day setup (+ additional time to test integration and relink templates)
Responsible = User
- Your CSM will let you know via email once our GoodTime Engineering team has successfully disabled the integration to your original ATS and scrubbed your account to get it ready for you to integrate with your new ATS. At this time you can follow the steps outlined in the relevant integration guide linked here: Integrations - Applicant Tracking Systems
- We suggest you conduct a test schedule with a demo candidate once you have completed the integration steps to make sure everything is working as expected. You may want to specifically assess the following:
- Confirm that the candidate has been correctly brought into GoodTime for scheduling from your ATS.
- Confirm the correct role and stage is reflected in GoodTime as a candidate is brought from your new ATS.
- Check that all $variables within GoodTime are correctly referencing details within the candidates profile in your new ATS.
- Once an event is scheduled confirm details of the event have correctly pushed back to your ATS.
- New ATS setup: All of your templates and tags will be unaffected by the ATS migration process BUT you will need to re-link your scheduling templates to the relevant roles within your ATS once you have created them and want to start scheduling from them.
What happens to the ATS interview sync after the migration?
- Interviews scheduled before the migration (confirmed or hold)
- These interviews will stay synced to the old ATS.
- RCs can still see it in the old ATS and GoodTime. They can also edit or reschedule it, however, the updates won't be synced to any ATS and the ATS sync error banner will appear.
Interviews created before the migration but not scheduled (queue, pending candidate response)
- Candidates can still submit availability and schedule the interview. RCs can still schedule or reschedule these interviews. However, these interviews won't be synced to any ATS and the ATS sync error banner will appear.
Interview created after the migration
- These interviews will be synced to the new ATS.
If an interview resulted in a ATS sync error, the scorecards in the calendar events may not work.
What happens to my GoodTime scheduling data?
- All scheduling data you see on the insights tab are captured directly in GoodTime and are independent of your ATS. This means your insights data will seamlessly reflect all your events scheduled via your new AYS without losing any of the data associated with interviews scheduled via your original ATS.