TL;DR: This is a step-by-step guide for integrating CodeSignal with GoodTime. With this integration, you can easily create and add CodeSignal interview session links while scheduling your interviews in GoodTime.
First, make sure you have the following permissions:
- Your organization must have the APIs & Webhooks enabled on CodeSignal
- You must have the admin role in CodeSignal
- You must have super admin access in GoodTime
In this guide, you will learn how to:
- Set up the CodeSignal <> GoodTime integration
- Insert a CodeSignal live interview URL in GoodTime
Set Up CodeSignal Integration in GoodTime
Follow the steps to complete the set up for the CodeSignal and GoodTime Integration
1. From your CodeSignal client dashboard, navigate to the API Keys page (Integrations > API Keys). Click the ADD A KEY button.
2. Use the “Add A Key” workflow, make sure LiveInterview permission is selected.
3. Copy the API key from CodeSignal by clicking on the key (in blue text).
4. Log into GoodTime and Navigate to GoodTime > Settings > Company. Scroll down to Collaborative Coding section and select CodeSignal.
5. Paste your CodeSignal API key in the input area.
7. Click Save and the integration set up is complete!
Inserting a CodeSignal Live Interview URL in GoodTime
In GoodTime’s scheduling workflow, a user can insert variable tokens into the Calendar Invitation body text area.
Variables supported are:
$Interview.CodeSignal.Live.Link - for single session Live Interview
$Event.CodeSignal.Live.Link - for Panel interview with multiple Interviewers sessions and each session need its own unique Live Interview URL
When the interview is scheduled, the variable tokens will be resolved into an actual CodeSignal URL.