TL;DR: The GoodTime 'Interview Blocks' feature allows for you to build interview templates that will intentionally schedule an interviewer ONLY where it sees a GoodTime Interview Block (as defined by an event with the title 'GT Interview Block' of any event with the 'GTIB' prefix to its title). To clarify, when setting a template to use interview blocks that template will not look for open space in your interviewer's calendar but will only schedule an interviewer where it sees an pre-defined GoodTime Interview Block.
Some expected use cases for this feature are as follow:
- When hosting a hiring event that will only occur at a specific date and time;
- When scheduling interviews with an Exec interviewer via a dedicated template;
- When working with interviewers that have busy calendars/limited availabilty.
The following video from our Early Access launch of interview blocks provides an overview of this feature. Please read below for further UPDATES and clarification of how to best use this feature.
How do I Access the Interview Blocks Feature?
- This feature is now available to all GoodTime HIRE customers (and operates on both Google and O365 Calendars)
- To access this feature you will need to toggle on the 'Use Interview Blocks' setting within the 'Template Settings' of the specific template you want to leverage this feature.
How do I use the Interview Blocks Feature?
- Once you have toggled ON the interview blocks feature within an interview scheduling template that template will now ONLY schedule interviewers where it sees an interview block inside their calendar.
- For the template to provide you and your candidate interviewer availability to select from, you must ensure that there are enough interview blocks placed within the calendars of the interviewers listed on that interview template.
What do I have to name my Interview Blocks?
Interview blocks should be labelled as follows:
- "GT Interview Block"; or
- be an event with the prefix in the event title of "GTIB"
The Interview Block feature is looking for those specific keywords within your interviewers calendars and will ONLY schedule your interviewers listed on that interview template where it sees interview events with those specific keywords.
💡 IMPORTANT NOTES:
- The "GT Interview Block" and "GTIB" keywords are not case sensitive.
- Anyone with access to an interviewers calendar can place these interview blocks, meaning this could be an interviewer responsibility to add blocks to their calendar, or the coordination team or Exec Assistants could add the blocks to calendars too.
- An interview block DOES NOT need to be accepted by the calendar owner for GT to schedule in that blocked time.
- If an interview block is DECLINED, GoodTime will not schedule in that block; but if a block is accepted OR sitting unaccepted then GoodTime may schedule within that interview block.
- Interview blocks OVERRIDE anything else on the calendar. If an interviewer has an interview block placed on top of an accepted event GoodTime will still see that interview block as able to be scheduled within.