Zoom + GoodTime Integration Guide
This is a guide on how to integrate Zoom with GoodTime. Your Zoom admin will need to help you integrate Zoom to GoodTime. There are two main steps to take:
- Connecting your company's Zoom account with GoodTime
- Updating your company's Zoom account settings
GoodTime utilizes the Zoom API to do the following:
Create Zoom meeting links so that the recruiting team can generate and include the links inside of interview calendar events.
Edit and update existing Zoom meetings so that the meeting start time can be updated during reschedules.
Please note: Your Zoom account domain will need to match the email domain you will be sending emails from in GoodTime. Your Zoom links will be generated from this account. For example, if sending from email@example.com, your Zoom account should also be set up with goodtime.io.
Connecting your company's Zoom Account with GoodTime (Zoom admin required)
Zoom Admin Required
Go to https://a.goodtime.io/dashboard/settings/company in your web browser
Scroll to the "Video Conferencing" section and click on
Authorizeto expand the panel
Log into Zoom using a admin account to connect the integration. It is required to use a Zoom admin account because GoodTime schedules meetings for interviewers across the company.
Review the information and the terms, and then click
You will be redirected back to the Settings page. The Zoom panel should say
Add Zoom Host Pools if necessary -
Check "Use Zoom host pools to schedule interviews."
In the "Zoom Accounts" field, add in the Zoom host pool account (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Enter the number of concurrent meetings your account is licensed for.
- Hit Save.
Please Note: While the generated links are unique, Zoom has a limitation on the number of concurrent meetings links that can be created by any single user account. This means if the system generates two links for meetings occurring during overlapping hours of the day, both videos will be terminated when the second link is accessed. Please see this public help document from Zoom help articles explaining the restriction.
Zoom Account Settings & Security (Zoom admin required)
We strongly recommend that enabling passcodes vs waiting rooms. Waiting rooms will require interviewers to be added as alternative hosts.
- Passcodes allow candidates to join interviews before the host so they are not stuck in the waiting room.
- Enabling waiting rooms and alternative hosts will require the interviewers to also have Zoom pro accounts.
- If your organization prefers waiting rooms and you would like to leverage alternative hosts, please reach out to your GoodTime CSM to enable this feature.
- As Zoom ADMIN: Account Management > Account Settings > Security > Meeting Passcode ON
- We also recommend the feature to Embed Passcode for one-click join with Zoom meeting links. This will allow the passcodes to be part of the Zoom meet link, eliminating the need to physically type in passcodes to join.
- When enabling passcodes, please do so during outside of business hours to not impact interviews during the day
- For the company: New meetings will have passcodes instead of waiting rooms. Existing meetings without passcodes will require waiting rooms.
- On GoodTime for interviews that are created prior to enabling passcodes: Remove Zoom variable, click Update, re-add Zoom variable & click Update again.
- As Zoom ADMIN: Account Management > Account Settings > Security > Waiting Room ON & under Edit OPTIONS
- Select [Users who are not in your account & not part of the allowed domains] - enter your company domain
- Select [Host, co-hosts & anyone who bypassed the waiting room (only if host & co-host are not present)]
- Next step: Account Settings > Schedule Meeting > Allow participates to join before host ON