It may happen that you will need to change your video conferencing service (VCS) provider while using GoodTime. GoodTime supports multiple VCS providers like Zoom, Google Meet, Microsoft Teams, and Bluejeans. While GoodTime can also support integrations with different VCS at the same time, there are some practical limitations in how you might want to use different VCS at the same time. Whether you are switching from one VCS provider to another or adding an additional VCS provider any change to your VCS integrations should be planned in advance to minimize any disruption to your already scheduled interview events.
Steps to switch video conferencing service (VCS) providers:
- Disconnect your existing VCS tool within GoodTime. Make sure to do this after hours when no scheduling is occurring.
NOTE: All existing interview events on your Dashboard with a VCS link will now be broken and require manual updating. All will now show (!) to indicate the video link is broken.
ALSO NOTE: If you are uninstalling Zoom, make sure to do so by following this article.
- Integrate your new VCS tool. The following links provide step-by-step instructions on how to integrate with each of the VCS tools listed
- Zoom Integration Guide
- Microsoft Teams Integration Guide
- Webex Integration Guide
- BlueJeans settings
- In the Dashboard, manually update all interview events to reflect the new $VCS variable. First remove the original variable, then click Update. Next add the new variable, and click Update again. Each VCS provider will have $VCS variables dedicated to generating and inserting a VCS link from that provider into your scheduled events. Most common $VCS variables are as follow:
- $Interview.Zoom.Link = VCS variable to auto generate a zoom video link
- $Interview.TeamsLink = VCS variable to auto generate a MS Teams video link
- $Interview.GoogleMeetLink = VCS variable to auto generate a Google Meet video link
- $Interview.BlueJeans.Link = VCS variable to auto generate a BlueJeans video link
NOTE: You will need to UPDATE your interview events before any scheduled interviews take place, because the original $VCS link generate will no longer work once the original VCS tool is deactivated.
- Update all $VCS variables in your base templates so that any NEW scheduling will draw from the newly integrated VCS tool.
- If all your interview templates are linked to a BASE template, you only need to update on the BASE template level.
- If you have interview templates that are NOT linked to a base template, then you will need to update interview templates manually.
- How do I add Zoom links to my templates?
Use the $Interview.Zoom.Link variable. Make sure to include it in your Base Templates in the Interviewer calendar invite AND the candidate calendar invite.
This will add the same Zoom link to each calendar invite for your interviewers and candidate.
NOTE: It is recommended to adjust the setting of your integrated zoom account to 'allow guests to join before host' and for the 'passcode to be embedded'. These settings will ensure a more seamless candidate experience as candidates can join with or without an interviewer being present and they will also not need to reference a separate passcode to join their video interview link.
- Can GoodTime support multiple VCS providers at the same time?
Yes, GoodTime can support multiple video providers at the same time. However, there are some limitations to using multiple video conferencing integrations concurrently.
Specifically; if you are using Google Meet / Microsoft Teams a the company level and the company level setting auto generates link buttons for every interview this can cause confusion to candidates and interviewers if GoodTime is also asked to generate Zoom links (for instance). If you are operating in this way, the key is to be very direct in your communication that candidates should join Meet / Teams OR that they should join the Zoom link in their calendar invite.
- Will Google Meet / Microsoft Teams video button automatically generate? Can I remove these buttons from the calendar invites?
Depending upon your Google/O365 company level settings you may have Google Meet/MS Teams video buttons auto generate for event calendar event created. To remove these auto-generation of these buttons you would need to adjust this setting within your company level Google / Microsoft settings. NOTE: This is a company level setting meaning disabling this setting would mean every meeting scheduled into a calendar going forward would not automatically have a video link button included.
- How do I add Google Meet links to my templates?
Use the $Interview.GoogleMeetLink variable. Make sure to include it in your Base Templates ONLY in the Interviewer calendar invite. Candidate calendar invites will automatically populate with the Google Meet button when you have this variable listed in the matching interviewer calendar event.
- How do I add Microsoft Team links to my templates?
Use the $Interview.TeamsLink variable. Make sure to include it in your Base Templates ONLY in the Interviewer calendar invite. Candidate calendar invites will automatically populate with the Join button.