TL;DR: Once you have your training path(s) established, your next step is to add 'Trainees' into the GoodTime Interviewer Training feature so that you can automate when they are scheduled to shadow/reverse shadow your interview events as well as how they are tracked through their training process. This section offers guide videos on how to conduct many of the most common 'Trainee Management' processes you may need to undertake.
Trainee: A Trainee is an employee who is training to become a qualified interviewer for your company. Each trainee within GoodTime's Interviewer Training feature may be listed in one of the following statuses at any given time:
1) In Training: Currently working through their 'Training Classes', that is the quantity of shadow or reverse shadow training classes you have specified as required.
2) Completed: The trainee has completed the required number of Training Classes within their training path.
3) Graduated: The trainee has been verified as completed their training classes and have been awarded the associated Tag. This means they can begin to be scheduling within that specific tag group to Host/conduct interviews (that is, meet with candidates unsupervised and lead an interview of the type they trained for).
How To Add a Trainee to a Path:
- Ensure you have a training path created (See here for details on how to setup a Training Path)
- Click on 'TRAINING' > 'In Training'
- Select "+Add Trainee" in the top right corner
- Search for your employee/team member
- Click on the check box next to their name and choose 'Next'
- Select the Path(s) that you want to add the chosen employee/team member to and check it off
- Click 'Done' - Your chosen team mates have been adding to the specified Training Path! 🙌
The following video demonstrates the above process of adding a Trainee to a Training Path:
How to Remove, Add, Duplicate Classes:
If an individual trainee requires a different quantity of shadow/reverse shadow opportunities to the 'default' class list specified in your training paths you can individually tailor their class list and hence their training requirements. This video gives an overview on how to adjust path requirements per trainee (the addition and removal of classes) as well as details on how to duplicate and assign a class.
How to Mark a Trainee as Finished:
This video provides an overview of how to manually mark a trainee's class as being finished. This is typically done to provide a trainee credit for training previously conducted.
How to Graduate a Trainee:
It is an intentional that trainees who complete all of their assigned classes DO NOT automatically graduate. It is common for recruiting teams to conduct a check-in with trainees once they have completed all training classes in order to confirm they are ready to host interviews solo. For this reason trainees who complete all classes are moved into the 'Completed' tab and are flagged within GoodTime as being 'Ready to Graduate'. The following video provides an overview on how to Graduate a Trainee once they have completed all training classes.