TL;DR: GoodTime Interviewer Training helps you grow your quantity of qualified interviewers by managing your trainees and training process in one centralized location. Through utilizing GoodTime's Interviewer Training feature - you will be able to:
Decrease your lead time (the time it takes to get candidates in-front of your interviewer(s)): By training more employees to host interviews, you create more available options when candidates can be scheduled.
Centrally manage your interviewer training process via a single source of truth: By utilizing the GoodTime Training Tab, your team will be able to manage and track all training processes and ongoing trainees in one location.
See valuable data & insights: Your team will have access to data on training efficiency and be able to accurately identify those areas where more interviewers are needed or where the training process needs refinement.
The following diagram provides an overview of steps required to best implement and utilize the GoodTime Interviewer Training feature. This, and subsequent articles will provide greater details regarding each step outlined below:
Before we start, here is a video demonstrating the GoodTime Interviewer Training feature and how you would use it when scheduling:
Where do we go from here?
The Help Centre articles outlined below are designed to guide you through the required steps to best setup and utilize the GoodTime Interviewer Training feature! If you already have Interviewer Training set up in your account, feel free to skip ahead to the FAQ section to find answers on common questions for this feature.
1) Identify opportunities for Interviewer Training
- We recommend starting your interviewer training process identifying by focusing on either
1) high-volume roles that require a lot of interviewer time, or
2) those roles which have the fewest trained interviewers and that take the longest time to schedule.
- To signify that a trainee has graduated a training path, they will be awarded a tag to identify they are qualified to host the specific interview type for which they received a tag.
- To best link your training paths to the interview templates you schedule from, we recommend you review/setup your interview templates as outlined here.
- Start scheduling your trainees on the training paths you've created.
Once an interviewer has graduated from their training path, they will permanently be assigned to the interview tag they have just completed. Now they're ready to take their own interviews!
- See also our article on Trainee Management
- Here is a collection of the most common questions about Interviewer Training
Data analytics have demonstrated that With 5 or more trained interviewers in a tag, it allows for candidates to have a 95% chance of finding a time that works for them.