This article will walk you through the process for both New Hires and when you may have a teammate leaving the team to ensure you have a smooth process.
New RC Onboarding Process
As your RC team grows, you’ll want to provide them with resources on GoodTime. As part of the new hire onboarding process, you should have someone dedicated to elevate permission levels for the new hire RC, recruiter or talent operations.
Sample language to send to your new teammate
- For RCs and Full Cycle Recruiters: Check out GoodTime Academy (RC + Full Cycle)
- You will have access to the training platform GoodTime Academy so you’re able to familiarize yourself with the GoodTime platform!
- Sign in using your email address
- For Recruiters: Check out GoodTime Academy (Recruiters)
- Log into GoodTime
- Sign in with Google
- Add your photo under Settings > My Account
- Add your “Default Timezone” under Settings > My Account
- Download GoodTime plugin
- For SmartRecruiters, use this Download GoodTime Plugin link
For Google Orgs: Please be aware that your candidate-facing calendar will be automatically shared with any end user at Member level access or higher. This page includes a brief look at the expected communication once permission levels are raised. We recommend sending the email below prior to raising permissions.
We have officially launched GoodTime, our new scheduling tool, and need your help to make it a great user and candidate experience! As part of the setup process, you will be granted access to one or more shared calendars - GoodTime Interviews & GoodTime Sync.
Immediate Action Required: Hide the Shared Calendars
When you receive an email similar to the screenshot below, please do not select “Add this calendar”.
If you do add the calendar, please follow the steps below:
- Open your Google calendar.
- Uncheck the box(es) next to the GoodTime Interviews and/or GoodTime Sync calendar(s) so all GoodTime calendar invites are not added to your personal calendar.
- What happens if I leave these calendars checked? All interviews scheduled by all users in GoodTime will be visible on your personal calendar.
- What are these calendars? GoodTime uses these calendars to “host” calendar invites for interviewers and candidates, similar to a shared calendar.
- What happens if I change interviews/calendar invites on this calendar/on my calendar? If this calendar is not hidden, it will look like all of the interviews stored on these GoodTime calendars are on your personal calendar; any changes you make to those invites (i.e. canceling them, changing the date, etc.) will directly affect the schedule and potentially cancel the interview
- If I hide these calendars, can I still use GoodTime? Absolutely - it will not affect your ability to use the tool.
RC Offboarding Process
Please ensure the following steps are made prior to your RC leaving your organization.
- Have the RC stop scheduling interviews the week they are leaving.
- When an RC leaves the org, the person to take control of that RC’s interviews needs to be provided Write or Ownership level of access to the exiting RC’s calendar. The IT team should not attempt to transfer the events on the departing RC’s calendar.
- New RC updates themselves as RC on the interviews in Goodtime
- If your team is not using shared calendars, update the internal interview calendar to the new RC’s personal calendar or scheduling calendar.
New RC replaces zoom variables (if zoom is attached) and toggle ON “Notify Candidate” (this will notify the change in RC and any zoom info)
[Optional] Reach out to chat support to verify changes have been made for additional confidence.
NOTE: Please let your CSM know if you need interviews canceled in bulk. In order to do this:
- GoodTime can provide a list of interviews
- Your team will need to review the list and provide a non-filtered list of interviews to cancel
- Your team will need to provide a user we can assign to "Coordinator" and cancel on their behalf
- REQUIRES this user to have calendar access for the coordinator, or we cannot cancel on your behalf