For Holidays, you have several options to ensure you have holidays blocked for your interviewers. The best solution is also dependent on the size of your company as well as if you have different regions in AMER, EMEA, LATAM or APAC.
Option 1: Have Interviewers just Block Their Own Calendars
- This requires some change management and communications from your Head of Talent or Head of People. This would just require your interviewers to schedule a calendar block for your holidays.
Option 2: Create Separate Holiday Calendar(s) Per Country
- If these are created already, who is invited to these calendars and who manages them? Does HR or recruiting own these calendars?
- Pilot this option first with a subset of employees in a country with fewer interviewers.
- Step 1: Create country specific calendars with holidays on them
- Step 2: Invite interviewers or team members to the country specific calendar
- Step 3: Once created and invited, go to Settings > Company in GoodTime
- Scroll down to “Company Wide Calendars” section
- In the drop down, select the name of the holiday calendar
- In the “Show as busy for” options, select “Events user has created or is invited to”.
- This will ensure all interviewers in the company are marked as busy for all holidays indicated on this calendar.
- Caution (where it gets messy): If you have one Company Holiday Calendar for all regions, this will not work. For example, you may have May 30th, Memorial Day on your company holiday calendar. This would then impact your employees in France or China, you would not be able to schedule on this day.