TL;DR: The Uber for Business integration with GoodTime allows you to seamlessly automate the distribution of $25 or $50 Uber Vouchers good for orders on Uber Eats or rides with Uber to elevate your candidate experience in your scheduling process in North America (US & Canada).
When you wish to enhance your candidates' interview experience, this integration will allow you to offer them the following things:
- Uber Eats voucher for candidates scheduled to participate in social lunch interviews
- Uber Ride ride vouchers for candidates who are traveling to an in-person interview onsite or at HQ
- Vouchers are great for executive levels or as a thank you to interview participants
The setup steps for this integration are very simple and are demonstrated in the following video.
- Go to Settings>Company>Travel and Meals
- Scroll down to Uber for Business and click 'Authorize'.
- Note: To establish this integration you will need to be a Super Admin within GoodTime as well as an Admin within your Uber for Business account.
- Don't have an Uber for Business account? Set-up by logging into Uber for Business
Using Uber for Business Voucher Variables:
Please note that the $Uber... variables below will only generate a link when you finalize the candidate's schedule. At present GoodTime allows for the use of 4 variables for Uber for Business vouchers:
$25.00 Uber Eats voucher = $Uber.Eats25
$50.00 Uber Eats voucher = $Uber.Eats50
$25.00 Uber Voucher for travel = $Uber.Ride25
$50.00 Uber Voucher for travel = $Uber.Ride50
Including any of these above variables in your candidate confirmation email will auto-generate a unique link that the candidate can access in order to redeem the associated Uber voucher in the value listed. If you are using the auto-schedule functionality, you would need to switch to "Require Review" for the candidate confirmation email to be sent with the Uber voucher.
- Duration: The vouchers are currently redeemable 7 days before and after the interview start date and time.
- Canceled Interviews: If you cancel the interview, it automatically "Cancels Campaign" of the voucher in Uber for Business Dashboard.
While GoodTime helps automate the distribution of the Uber Vouchers, we are not involved in the management or redemption of the vouchers in any way. To track which vouchers have been redeemed you would need to log into your Uber for Business account and track it directly within the Uber for Business App.
Note! At present, the above 4 voucher options are the only ones available. The GoodTime product team are open to feedback on different voucher denominations that customers may find more valuable. Please pass your feedback to your GoodTime CSM and drop it into Productboard.
- The voucher variable used in confirmation emails.
- Uber voucher within candidate email
- When the candidate clicks on the voucher link, it will automatically open the Uber app on their phone and they will need to "Accept Voucher" to add it to their Uber wallet. The voucher is only valid 24 hours before and after the interview.
Q1. Does the Uber for Business integration work with all of the workflows in GoodTime?
A1. The “Uber” variable tokens are only allowed in the candidate-bound email text (this is a security consideration), and within the “Schedule Now” workflow. You can add them to Email Templates, or manually add them on an as-required basis to email templates while scheduling. Also, the variable tokens will not generate vouchers if the “Hold” option is used.
Q2. Can I put the variable tokens in the calendar event description?
A2. No. The variable tokens are only allowed in candidate-bound email text.
Q3. Can our scheduling teams in other countries use the vouchers with their candidates?
A3. The Uber Rides/Eats vouchers are all generated in US dollars. We have not tested redeeming the vouchers internationally. It may be best to refer to Uber’s terms and conditions for international usage.
Q4. Can we generate vouchers of other values?
A4. We currently only support vouchers of $25 and $50 value as these denominations are 'hard coded' options as part of the integration process. We are open to your feedback and experience with regard to other voucher values that might be of particular value.